U2's Amsterdam setlist #1, 08/09
Tonight U2 performed in Amsterdam, the first of four shows in the city. The band have had a deep and sustained connection with The Netherlands dating back to their first shows in the country during October 1980 on the first leg of the Boy Tour.
The big surprise of the setlist was the inclusion of Two Hearts Beat As One, played at the request of a fan Bono met in the afternoon. It has only been played once previously this tour, on 27 July in New York. That means this is just Two Hearts' second live appearance since 27 December 1989, and third since 29 April 1985. Two Hearts has never before been performed in Amsterdam; its only two previous Dutch performances came on 30 and 31 October 1984 in Rotterdam.
Two Hearts was preceded by Elevation, which returned to the set after missing one show. Also back after missing a solitary show was One to end the night. Before Beautiful Day, Bono led the audience in singing Happy Birthday for Willie Williams, one of the masterminds behind the design of U2's tours.
The full setlist was:
- The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
- Out of Control
- I Will Follow
- Iris (Hold Me Close)
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For Someone
- Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
- Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
- Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) (Intermission - The Fly)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing Fish Out of Water Mix
- Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet)
- Two Hearts Beat as One
- Every Breaking Wave
- Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode To Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- With or Without You
- City of Blinding Lights Happy Birthday
- Beautiful Day / I Remember You (snippet)
- Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / One / Invisible (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.