U2's Louisville setlist, 16/06/17
Today U2 performed in Louisville, Kentucky. This was the last date announced for the first leg of the tour. This was only their fourth concert in the state, and their first stadium performance there. The last time U2 played Kentucky was 16 years ago on the first leg of the Elevation tour with a single date in Lexington. They also visited the state on the original Joshua Tree tour, again in Lexington, and so this is only their second time playing Louisville. The first occasion? Over 35 years ago when they visited on the October tour in March 1982!
I Will Follow was the only song played in the state on every previous visit, but this streak was broken tonight. During With or Without You, Bono brought a fan onstage for the first time this time. Trip Through Your Wires reached a milestone tonight with the 100th performance of the song. One Tree Hill was dedicated to Republican congressman Steve Scalise who was critically injured in a shooting in Virginia. Bono also paid tribute to Gabby Giffords and her husband Mark Kelly, who were in the audience tonight, before the song. Ultraviolet was dedicated to the memory of Jo Cox.
The setlist was as follows:
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- New Year's Day
- Bad / America (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With or Without You
- Bullet the Blue Sky / Black Dog (snippet) / America (snippet)
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared
- Miss Sarajevo / The New Colossus (snippet)
- Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
- One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
- Beautiful Day
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.