U2's Rome #2 setlist, 16/07/17
Today, U2 performed their second of two shows in Rome. The last time—and, in fact, the only other time—they played two gigs on the same tour in this city was way back on 6 and 7 July 1993. U2 have visited Rome on six different tours, and every time they have played large outdoor venues; the only time they've done a different sort of venue in Rome was for a TV appearance promoting All That You Can't Leave Behind on 25 October 2000.
The big setlist news is that A Sort of Homecoming returned after a month-and-a-half absence. It was last played on 4 June in Chicago, and missed the second nights in both East Rutherford and London. This is the first time A Sort of Homecoming has been played on the European continent since 30 May 1987 in a different Italian city, Modena. Its only European performance in the intervening thirty years was on the island of Ireland on 25 August 2001.
ASOH's return means that Bad's streak of consecutive shows ended on fifteen. That was the most shows it has been played at in a row since it appeared at all 57 shows of the first two legs of the ZooTV Tour in 1992.
One other song returned to the setlist tonight after a much shorter absence. Mysterious Ways was restored to the encore after missing the previous night.
The full setlist was:
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- New Year's Day
- A Sort Of Homecoming
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Church Not Made With Hands (snippet)
- With or Without You
- Bullet the Blue Sky
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared
- Miss Sarajevo
- Beautiful Day / Starman (snippet)
- Vertigo / Live Forever (snippet)
- Miss You (snippet) / Mysterious Ways
- Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
- One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.