U2's Minneapolis setlist, 08/09/17
Tonight U2 were in Minneapolis, Minnesota, for the third concert of the third leg of the tour. This is their twelfth concert in the state, and the first to not include I Will Follow. With the exception of the original Joshua Tree tour, U2 have only played in the state once per tour. Interestingly, those two Joshua Tree dates are also the only Minnesota concerts to not be held in Minneapolis.
Before With Or Without You, Bono mentioned Heidi and Andrew Chamberlain who were married while in the GA line earlier today, noting that Andrew took Heidi's surname. After a particularly fiery and political brace of Bullet The Blue Sky performances on Jimmy Fallon's show yesterday, tonight the song reverted to the tour standard. In God's Country was played for the 150th time. After the song Bono highlighted the "every day the dreamers die to see what is on the other side" lyric, applying it to the 'Dreamers' and praising the city for keeping their doors open.
One Tree Hill was dedicated to Gavin Friday, whose mother, Annie, recently passed away. Bono led the crowd in singing Happy Birthday for Willie Williams at the end of the main set. Bono snippeted Prince three times in the encore, and at the end of the night he dedicated the concert to his memory.
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- New Year's Day
- Bad / America (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With or Without You
- Bullet the Blue Sky / War (snippet) / America (snippet)
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared Happy Birthday
- Beautiful Day / The Most Beautiful Girl in the World (snippet)
- Vertigo / Let's Go Crazy (snippet)
- Mysterious Ways / Little Red Corvette (snippet)
- Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
- One / Purple Rain (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.