U2's Kansas City setlist, 12/09/17
Tonight U2 played in Kansas City—the one in Missouri. U2 have only ever scheduled two concerts in the actual state of Kansas, both on the War Tour, and only one of those actually went ahead. Missouri is more familiar territory, with this being their fifteenth concert in the state.
It has been a while since they last played Kansas City, however. Their last visit to the city was back on 27 November 2001. That occasion was marked by the only appearance of When I Look At The World. Arrowhead Stadium, the venue for tonight, has seen the band twice before.
The setlist tonight was identical to that played in Indianapolis two nights ago, but with the order swapped for Vertigo and the new single You're the Best Thing About Me. Bono changed the lyrics of Beautiful Day to reference the local baseball team: "see the world in white and blue/KC Royals right in front of you". One again had a snippet of Drowning Man at the end.
Bono claimed tonight as having the second performance of The Best Thing. That is true enough for the tour proper, but of course it is actually the third, after Indy and Fallon's show.
The full setlist was:
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- New Year's Day
- Bad / America (snippet)
- Pride (In The Name Of Love)
- Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With Or Without You
- Bullet The Blue Sky / Black Dog (snippet) / War (snippet) / America (snippet)
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared
- Beautiful Day / Starman (snippet)
- You're The Best Thing About Me
- Vertigo / Rebel Rebel (snippet) / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
- Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
- One / Drowning Man (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.