U2's Buenos Aires #1 setlist, 10/10/17
Today U2 performed their first of two concerts in the greater Buenos Aires area, in La Plata. It is U2's fourth visit to Argentina; on their first two trips in 1998 and 2006, they performed in Buenos Aires itself, while this show is at the same venue in La Plata as their three gigs in 2011.
The soundcheck today included New Year's Day, Mysterious Ways, and Where the Streets Have No Name. Mysterious Ways is yet to be played in Latin America on the current tour, and that did not change at today's show.
U2 began their performance quite late, at around 10:30pm local time, as the stage's big screen was used between Noel Gallagher's support set and U2 to broadcast the FIFA World Cup qualifier between Argentina and Ecuador. To the delight of fans in La Plata, Argentina emerged victorous.
Early in the show, Bono remarked that Lionel Messi is "surely proof that god exists". Later he dedicated Mothers of the Disappeared to "those in Argentina fighting for human rights past and present". Fans had organised a flashmob for Mothers, handing out white handkerchiefs before the show. The crowd waved these when the song began.
At the end of the show Bono uncorked a bottle of champagne. He dedicated a toast to Lionel Messi, this time referring to the local hero as "his lordship".
The full setlist was:
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- New Year's Day
- Bad / Heroes (snippet)
- Pride (In The Name Of Love)
- Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
- With Or Without You
- Bullet The Blue Sky / America (snippet)
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared / El Pueblo Vencera (snippet)
- Beautiful Day / Starman (snippet)
- Vertigo / Rebel Rebel (snippet)
- You're The Best Thing About Me
- Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
- One / Invisible (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.