U2's Dublin #4 setlist, 10/11/18
Today U2 performed their last of four concerts in Dublin.
Dirty Day, the big tour debutant from yesterday's show, remained in the set. This is its twelfth live performance ever; the two performances this week are its only concert appearances since 1993. If you haven't yet seen footage, the song has been reimagined as a tribute to the band's fathers with lengthy spoken-word sections by Bono; we filmed two angles yesterday and these can be watched here.
Gloria also remained in the set after being performed yesterday. The last time it was played on consecutive nights in the same city was half a year ago, on 11 and 12 May 2018 in Las Vegas. Since then it has been played at consecutive concerts in different cities and at non-consecutive concerts in the same city, but not two consecutive shows in the same city.
The printed setlist had a curious addition after 13: "Miraculous Metal (Terryworld)". Terryworld refers to Terry Lawless, U2's keyboard wizard who works below stage. Bono hummed the melody of The Miracle at the end of 13, which he has done at the previous two shows, and Miraculous Metal proved to be a synthesised accompaniment to this snippet.
The inclusion of both Dirty Day and Landlady means that tonight's show got to 24 songs. It is only the second show on the European leg of this tour to have so many songs, the other such instance being 21 September in Madrid.
The full setlist was:
- The Blackout
- Lights Of Home
- I Will Follow
- Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet) / Patti Smith's Gloria (snippet)
- Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet)
- Dirty Day
- Zoo Station
- The Fly
- Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
- Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Intermission - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me)
- Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing Fish Out of Water Mix
- Hall of Mirrors (snippet) / Acrobat
- The Showman (Little More Better) (snippet) / You're The Best Thing About Me Full band acoustic
- Summer Of Love Bono and Edge
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Get Out Of Your Own Way
- New Year's Day
- City of Blinding Lights
- Women of the World (snippet) / Landlady
- Love Is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way
- 13 (There Is A Light) / The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.