U2's Singapore #1 setlist and videos, 30/11/19
U2 performed their very first show in Singapore on 30 November. We have both a report and videos from the show.
Singapore is the first country U2 have visited in southeast Asia, and just the third anywhere in Asia—they have played Japan on multiple tours, and once in Israel on 30 September 1997. Their show on 6 September 2010 in Istanbul took place on the European side of the Bosphorus Strait, not the Asian side.
U2 made tentative plans to perform here on 16 March 1998 on the Popmart Tour, but this did not come to pass. Instead, on that date they performed in Cape Town, South Africa. During Bad's introduction, Bono alluded to this. He snippeted a line from New Year's Day, which had just been performed in full, and then remarked that it has taken 42 years for U2 to get to Singapore (if we count from the band's formation, as Bono appears to be doing, then it's actually a little over 43 years). He joked that this would, therefore, be U2's best show ever in Singapore.
The setlist was the same as that played three days ago in Perth, with one difference: Love Is Bigger was not performed. This is the third show it has missed on the current tour.
Exit contained a notable snippet: it ended with Van Morrison's Gloria, a snippet often associated with Exit thanks to its inclusion on the Rattle and Hum movie. Bono has snippeted Gloria in a number of songs over the years, most recently in U2's own song titled Gloria on 13 November 2018, but he had not previously sung it in Exit on either the 2017 or 2019 Joshua Tree Tours. The last time he sang it in Exit was 14 October 1989.
The full setlist was:
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- I Will Follow
- New Year's Day
- New Year's Day (snippet) / Bad / Run (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With or Without You
- Bullet the Blue Sky / The Star-Spangled Banner (snippet) / America (snippet)
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet) / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared
- Angel of Harlem / Sunday Bloody Sunday (snippet)
- Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet) / I Love Rock 'n' Roll (snippet)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing
- Every Breaking Wave
- Beautiful Day
- Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
- One / Invisible (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.
The rest of Matthias's videos are below.