U2's Foxborough setlist, 25/06/17
Tonight U2 played a concert in the Greater Boston area city of Foxborough. This was their first visit to the city since 21 September 2009, although they played four concerts in Boston proper on the last tour. This is their only visit to the state of Massachusetts on the tour, which is unprecedented: no previous tour has had fewer than two visits to the state, with the notable exception of Lovetown which did not visit North America at all.
There was minor controversy before the show as fans in the GA-line were informed by venue security that they would not be honouring the fan-made list created against venue policy. After some confrontation, including some unverified reports of violence in the line, U2's security stepped in to settle the dispute.
Bono paid tribute to Adam Clayton during Running to Stand Still, mentioning his upcoming tribute from MusiCares for his work on addiction and with addicts. Before Trip Through Your Wires he mentioned how U2's love affair with America came with their first concert in Boston at The Paradise. Amazingly he even correctly stated the attendence of that concert (an estimated 150 people when the venue held 500). The setlist was unchanged from Toronto with one exception: The Little Things That Give You Away returned to the set, having last been played on 7 June in Pittsburgh, closing the concert in place of I Will Follow. However while I Will Follow was a spontaneous performance, The Little Things was a deliberate addition.
The full set was:
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- New Year's Day
- Bad / America (snippet)
- Pride (In The Name Of Love)
- Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With Or Without You
- Bullet The Blue Sky / America (snippet)
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared
- Miss Sarajevo / The New Colossus (snippet)
- Beautiful Day / Dream On (snippet)
- Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
- Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
- One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
- The Little Things That Give You Away
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.