U2 have wrapped up their 12-date European leg in the capital of Belgium. They did not visit Brussels on the last tour, instead performing in Antwerp; U2's most recent previous Brussels dates were on 22 and 23 September 2010 at the same venue as today, King Baudouin Stadium.
Bad returned to the setlist after missing one show. I Will Follow made just its third appearance in Europe, being performed at consecutive shows for the only time on this leg. The only other time this whole tour that I Will Follow has appeared at consecutive shows was on 26 May in Arlington and 3 June in Chicago. It has not yet been played twice in any city.
We have a large number of videos from this show. View them here.
With this being the end of the European leg, it is worth noting the band have played 27 different songs across the 12 shows, with most shows getting 22-song setlists and two getting 23 songs. The only song to make its tour debut on this leg was the cover of Don't Look Back in Anger with Noel Gallagher on 8 July.
U2's next show is on 3 September in Detroit to kick off a run of North and South American dates. By that point they might have released, or be about to release, a new single. Rumours point very strongly towards a single in early September ahead of a new album in December.
The full set in Brussels was:
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- New Year's Day
- Bad / Heroes (snippet) / Where Are We Now? (snippet)
- Pride (In The Name Of Love)
- Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With Or Without You
- Bullet The Blue Sky / America (snippet)
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared
- Miss Sarajevo
- Beautiful Day / Starman (snippet)
- Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
- Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
- One / Ghost Dance (snippet)
- I Will Follow
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.
Posted by Axver on