U2's Mexico City setlist, 04/10/17
U2 closed out their brace of Mexican concerts with a setlist that was largely identical to the one last night, albeit with another tour debut at the end.
First off are the more minor changes: Heroes returned as a snippet in Bad for the first time since Belgium. Cielito Lindo remained a set snippet but was done at the end of One, after the now customary Drowning Man reference. The chant "El Pueblo Vencerá" returned at the end of Mothers of the Disappeared for the sixth time this tour, and the first since Barcelona in mid-July.
The largest surprise of the night was the tour debut of Sweetest Thing to close out the night, replacing Spanish Eyes from the night before. This is the song's 48th performance, and the first attached to a Joshua Tree tour. Though released as a B-side to Where the Streets Have No Name, it was never actually played on the original tour. The song did not debut live until the early noughties, after it was rerecorded for The Best of 1980-1990 (although it was snippeted twice on the Lovetown Tour). U2 last played it on 23 November 2015 in Dublin.
On a side night, the performances of Spanish Eyes and Sweetest Thing are the first time U2 have played an original B-side in Mexico.
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- New Year's Day
- Bad / Heroes (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With or Without You
- Bullet the Blue Sky / The Star-Spangled Banner (snippet) / War (snippet) / America (snippet)
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared / El Pueblo Vencera (snippet)
- Beautiful Day / Starman (snippet)
- Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
- You're The Best Thing About Me
- Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
- One / Drowning Man (snippet) / Cielito Lindo (snippet)
- Sweetest Thing
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.