U2's Amsterdam #3 setlist, 12/09
Today, U2 performed their third of four shows in Amsterdam. This is the first time U2 have played at least three nights in the same European city on a single leg of a tour since their three shows in Dublin in July 2009 on the first leg of the 360 Tour.
Soundcheck reports indicate that the band rehearsed Miracle Drug and Magnificent. The former has only been played twice on the current tour; the latter is yet to make its tour debut. Neither, however, were played during tonight's concert.
Early in the set, The Electric Co. returned after an absence of three shows. During the E stage rotational slots, Elevation returned after missing just one show, then Volcano was played for just the seventh time on tour (and eighth time ever). It was last played on 19 July in New York, and this was its first performance in continental Europe. In the encore, One came back after missing a solitary show.
The full setlist was:
- The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
- The Electric Co. / Send in the Clowns (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet) / Live Forever (snippet)
- Vertigo / God Save The Queen (Sex Pistols) (snippet)
- I Will Follow
- Iris (Hold Me Close)
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For Someone
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
- Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet) (Intermission - The Fly)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing Fish Out of Water Mix
- Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet)
- Every Breaking Wave
- Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode To Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- With or Without You
- City of Blinding Lights
- Beautiful Day
- Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / One / Invisible (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.