U2's Berlin #4 setlist, 29/09
Today, U2 performed their fourth and final show in Berlin. This is the first time U2 have ever performed four shows in a German city on a single tour.
The big surprise of the set came during the E stage rotational slots: Two Hearts Beat As One. This is just its third performance this tour, and by extension its third performance since 1989. It has only been played in Germany four times before - the most recent was on 31 January 1985, and it had never been played in Berlin.
The other big treat came at the end of the show: Bad and 40. They were back after missing three shows each, making their third appearances of the European leg. In the case of 40, it has not been played in full in Germany since 15 December 1989, and like Two Hearts Beat As One this was its first Berlin performance.
There were two further changes to the set from that played at Berlin 3. Early in the night, Out Of Control returned after a two-show absence. Later, Desire came back into the set during the E stage rotations, having missed one show.
As an intro to Beautiful Day, Bono led the crowd in singing Happy Birthday for film-maker Wim Wenders, who turned 70 back on 14 August and was in attendance tonight. Bono explained that in Dublin some birthdays can go for a very long time, so tonight counts as the "official end" of Wenders' 70th celebrations.
The full setlist was:
- The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
- Out of Control
- I Will Follow
- Iris (Hold Me Close)
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For Someone
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
- Until the End of the World / Words (snippet) (Intermission - The Fly)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing Fish Out of Water Mix
- Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet)
- Desire / Love Me Do (snippet)
- Two Hearts Beat as One
- Every Breaking Wave
- Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode To Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- With or Without You
- City of Blinding Lights Happy Birthday
- Beautiful Day
- Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / Bad / 40 (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.