U2's Barcelona #1 setlist, 05/10
Today, U2 are in Spain and began their run of four shows in Barcelona. One report indicates that the band ran through a number of songs in soundcheck: Magnificent, Spanish Eyes, Cedarwood Road, Volcano, Iris, and Raised By Wolves. Another report (in Spanish) suggests Spanish Eyes was not rehearsed.
Early in the set, The Electric Co. was performed after missing two shows. During the E stage set, Elevation rotated in after a single-show absence and Sweetest Thing was back after missing five shows. This is just the third performance of Sweetest Thing on the current European leg. A setlist posted on Twitter shows that Sweetest Thing was actually listed as a potential alternative to Angel Of Harlem, which was not performed.
October's performance today is the first time it has been played during the month of October since 28 October 1989.
The show finished with One, back after missing a solitary concert. The full setlist was:
- The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
- The Electric Co. / Send in the Clowns (snippet)
- I Will Follow
- Iris (Hold Me Close)
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For Someone
- Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
- Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
- Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet) (Intermission - The Fly)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing Fish Out of Water Mix
- Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet)
- Sweetest Thing
- Every Breaking Wave
- Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode To Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- With or Without You
- City of Blinding Lights
- Beautiful Day
- Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / One / Invisible (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.