U2's Rome #1 setlist, 15/07/17
Today, U2 performed the first of two shows in Italy's capital city. This is their first show in Rome since 8 October 2010, the last European show of the 360 Tour; their two Italian shows in 2015 were both in Turin.
The setlist diverged in one regard from that played three days ago in Berlin: Mysterious Ways was not played, with unreleased song The Little Things That Give You Away returning to the setlist as the show's closer. Little Things had missed the previous two gigs.
U2Place.com organised a flash mob in the stands during With or Without You, displaying "30" on one side and a Joshua Tree logo on the other. There was plenty of activity in the crowd tonight, as there was also a wedding in the stands before the show.
At the start of Bad, Bono spoke about the English Romantic poet John Keats being his hero. Keats is buried in Rome, and in his speech Bono quoted the last two lines of "Ode on a Grecian Urn".
Bono has slightly modified how he performs One. At both this show and in Berlin, he has let the crowd sing some of the first verse of the song, whereas at previous shows this tour he has sang every line. This recalls, though not to the same extent, what he did on the Innocence + Experience Tour, when he let the crowd sing the opening verses.
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- New Year's Day
- Ode On A Grecian Urn (snippet) / Bad / Heroes (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With or Without You
- Bullet the Blue Sky / America (snippet)
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared
- Miss Sarajevo
- Beautiful Day / Miserere (snippet)
- Vertigo / Rebel Rebel (snippet)
- Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
- One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
- The Little Things That Give You Away
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.