U2's Amsterdam #1 setlist, 29/07/17
U2 have just performed their first of two gigs in Amsterdam, following on from their exciting video shoot for a brand new single the day before. But today's set contained no new songs—not even Little Things, which had so far been played on the first night in each city with multiple dates on this European leg, as well as in every single-date city except Berlin.
Mysterious Ways, however, remained in the encore after returning to the set at Paris 2 after a brief absence. Bad resumed its standard position in the opening salvo of songs, having missed one gig. One closed a gig for the first time in a couple of weeks; the last occasion on which it occupied the final setlist spot was at Rome 2.
Fans released balloons at the start of Beautiful Day, much to Bono's delighted surprise. During the show Bono referenced various guests in the audience, including photographer and long-time collaborator Anton Corbijn and his brother Norman, whom he thanked for not only giving him guitar lessons but also for introducing him to David Bowie's album Hunky Dory.
The full setlist was:
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- New Year's Day
- Bad / Heroes (snippet) / Where Are We Now? (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With or Without You
- Bullet the Blue Sky / War (snippet) / America (snippet)
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared
- Miss Sarajevo
- Beautiful Day / Starman (snippet)
- Vertigo / Rebel Rebel (snippet)
- Mysterious Ways
- Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
- One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.