U2's Santiago setlist, 14/10/17
Today, U2 performed in Santiago, at the same venue as their three previous Chilean concerts.
Before the show there was a soundcheck of New Year's Day, Mysterious Ways, and Where the Streets Have No Name. Despite being soundchecked before multiple Latin American dates this month, the most recent performance of Mysterious Ways remains that in Minneapolis on 8 September.
Today's show featured the second performance of One Tree Hill in Chile; the lyric "Jara sang, his song a weapon" refers to Chilean activist Victor Jara, who was murdered in the days after the Chilean coup of 11 September 1973. It was previously performed on 25 March 2011 with Francisca Valenzuela—with today's performance a chance to make right how rough that 2011 version was!
Bono revisited the coup and the challenges of Chile's past in his speech before One. He praised Chileans for harnessing the pain of the past to build a better future.
The full setlist was:
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- New Year's Day
- Bad / Gracias A La Vida (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Where the Streets Have No Name
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With or Without You
- Bullet the Blue Sky / Black Dog (snippet) / War (snippet) / America (snippet)
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared / El Pueblo Vencera (snippet)
- Beautiful Day / Starman (snippet)
- Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
- You're The Best Thing About Me
- Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
- One / Invisible (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.