Today, U2 performed their second concert in Coimbra. Never before have U2 played two concerts in Portugal on the one tour. There was a soundcheck before the gig, but it may have just been by the crew; it included Pride, Desire, and Bad.
The setlist contained one big surprise: the live debut of a new song, Boy Falls From The Sky. This song, written by U2, is being used in the Broadway stage production Spiderman: Turn Off The Dark. Before performing the song, Bono announced that they were playing it as a special surprise in response to the very enthusiastic reception Coimbra has given U2.
There were a few other changes in the set from the first night in Coimbra. Pride returned to the setlist after missing the last three concerts; this time played in the middle of the main set. This is just the sixth time it has been performed in 2010. Both New Year's Day and Ultra Violet were performed after missing yesterday's show. Furthermore, a common theme of the current European leg returned: rain. In response to rainfall before the concert, Bono sprinkled his three usual rain snippets into the set.
Unfortunately, Bad (which has only been performed once this year) was in the printed setlist but not performed. It was listed in brackets after Where The Streets Have No Name.
The full setlist was:
- Return Of The Stingray Guitar
- Beautiful Day / Rain (snippet)
- New Year's Day
- Get On Your Boots
- Mysterious Ways / Can't Stand The Rain (snippet)
- Until The End Of The World
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Pride (In The Name Of Love)
- Boy Falls From The Sky
- In A Little While
- Miss Sarajevo
- City Of Blinding Lights
- Vertigo / She Loves You (snippet)
- Relax (snippet) / Crazy Tonight
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Walk On / You'll Never Walk Alone (snippet)
- Amazing Grace (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
- Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
- With Or Without You
- Moment of Surrender / Singin' In The Rain (snippet)
All details for this show including reviews and photos can be found here
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here
and upload your pictures here