U2's Las Vegas #1 setlist, 11/05/18
Today, U2 performed in Las Vegas. It is their first visit to the city since they headlined the iHeartRadio festival on 23 September 2016, and their first regular tour gig there since 23 October 2009. Like the iHeartRadio festival, this show is at the T-Mobile Arena, which U2 have otherwise not performed at before; it opened in April 2016.
Gloria remained in the setlist for the third straight show, holding on to the setlist position after I Will Follow. On Twitter, @Maideneer asked us when was the last time a setlist contained songs from Boy and October back-to-back. Well, before the two shows in San Jose this past week, the last time that happened was on 9 December 2005 in Buffalo, when Gloria led into The Ocean. The last time it was chronological, as in the October song second, was a month earlier on 9 November 2005—and it was the same two songs as this year, I Will Follow then Gloria.
Red Flag Day also stuck around in the set for its second-ever live performance. Again it was received well, and of the new songs it sounds like one of the strongest live.
There were, in fact, no changes to the setlist from what U2 performed at their previous show, 8 May in San Jose. These two dates are, therefore, the first two this tour to have identical setlists.
Before One, Bono spoke about the tragic mass shooting in Las Vegas on 1 October 2017, when 58 concertgoers were killed by a shooter who fired from the Mandalay Bay hotel. Bono offered One as a prayer, but emphasised that "thoughts and prayers are not enough". He also spoke of the generosity of people donating blood and assisting strangers, describing that generosity as "the America we know".
Bono gave a shout-out to his daughter Jordan for her 29th birthday yesterday (both of Bono's daughters were in attendance tonight). There was no acknowledgement during the show, however, that Bono himself also celebrated his birthday yesterday, turning 58.
The full setlist was:
- Love Is All We Have Left
- The Blackout
- Lights Of Home
- Beautiful Day
- I Will Follow / Mother (snippet)
- Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
- Red Flag Day
- The Ocean
- Iris (Hold Me Close)
- Cedarwood Road
- Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
- Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
- Until the End of the World / Amsterdam (snippet) (Intermission - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me)
- Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
- Desire Hollywood Mix / Burning Love (snippet)
- Landlady (snippet) / You're The Best Thing About Me Full band acoustic
- Staring at the Sun Bono and Edge acoustic
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Get Out Of Your Own Way
- American Soul
- City of Blinding Lights
- One / Invisible (snippet)
- Love Is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way
- 13 (There Is A Light)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.