U2gigs.com

· U2 Shop
· Contact

U2gigs (@u2gigs)

Matt: Berlin / Ax: Wollongong / Matkin: Toronto / Chris: NY

The below is an off-site archive of all most tweets posted by @u2gigs ever

March 27th, 2011

The big question now is whether it is followed by Scarlet or Mothers of the Disappeared; or both?

Sunday Bloody Sunday follows

via U2gigs (Matkin)

A big thanks so far to @trainmaniac, @atu2, @RollingStoneAr, @Portal_Observa, and @clarincom for all the updates so far! Much appreciated!

via U2gigs (Matkin)

Alberto_Fanjon @u2gigs When i saw the first acronym I couldnt believe it!!!

via web (retweeted on 3:56 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

@ZooPony My disgust at it continuing to be played ;)

via U2gigs (Matkin) in reply to ZooPony

Crazy Tonight [U2360 Remix]

via U2gigs (Matkin)

Worth noting though that the U2.com interactive tweet thingy does NOT list North Star; that one is still very iffy

via U2gigs (Matkin)

I hope all those acronyms aren’t too confusing!

via U2gigs (Matkin)

EBTTRT-IWF-Boots-Mag-MW-Elevation-UTEOTW-ISHFWILF-North Star (unconfirmed)-BD-IALW (blech!)-Miss Sarajevo-COBL-Vertigo

Vertigo follows as usual

via U2gigs (Matkin)

atu2 Sounds like COBL now… RT @RollingStoneAr: Increíble juego de luces en la pantalla convertida en un panal gigantesco #u2

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:45 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

Hearing from @siders_mus that North Star was between ISHFWILF and Beautiful Day; unconfirmed for now

via U2gigs (Matkin)

Heh, @RollingStoneAr seems a little envious of the fan on stage!

via U2gigs (Matkin)

Set so far: EBTTRT-IWF-Boots-Mag-MW-Elevation-UTEOTW-ISHFWILF-new song and/or Beautiful Day-IALW (blech!)-Miss Sarajevo

via U2gigs (Matkin)

RT @clarincom Pasaron “I Still havent found”…”Beatifull Day”, “In i little while” .y “Miss Sarajevo”

via U2gigs (Matkin)

RT @clarincom Bono bailó en el escenario con una chica en “In a little While”

@atu2 A night filled with guesswork, eh? :P

via U2gigs (Matkin)

@trainmaniac Heh, thanks; I’m mostly relying on Google Translate at the moment :P

via U2gigs (Matkin) in reply to trainmaniac

Bono brings a girl onstage

Bono snippets Blackbird in Beautiful Day it sounds like

via U2gigs (Matkin)

EBTTRT-IWF-Boots-Magnificent-MW-Elevation-UTEOTW-ISHFWILF-BD; not sure if there was a song between ISHF and BD

Not sure if Beautiful Day is the 9th or 10th song

trainmaniac @u2gigs Beautiful Day… i was right :D

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:30 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

Soon as we get confirmation we’ll let you know

via U2gigs (Matkin)

atu2 One thing I’m learning from monitoring tweets is that F**k is the same in any language. ;-)

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 3:27 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

Unsure what the 9th song is. @Portal_Observa says it is a birthday song? Not sure who for

via U2gigs (Matkin)

Is anybody else wondering where they will slot in Beautiful Day? If they don’t play it, it will be the first time since it’s introduction

via U2gigs (Matkin)

Crowd sings the first verse

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For is next

Setlist so far: EBTTRT-IWF-Boots-Magnificent-Mysterious Ways-Elevation-UTEOTW

Up seventh is Until the End of the World

via U2gigs (Matkin)

AllU2 @u2gigs Just our luck that the night they make changes we don’t have a feed lol

via Echofon (retweeted on 3:11 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

hjwallace1 @u2gigs Up is down, black is white. Anything could happen. Drowning man?

via web (retweeted on 3:10 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

Talk about an exciting (and confusing) night! I wonder if we can expect any other changes.

Mysterious Ways is played 5th. Last time it wasn’t played was Toronto 1 in 2009

via U2gigs (Matkin)

@AllU2 Too bad it’s my first time with this. Hopefully I won’t screw every fan up! :P

via U2gigs (Matkin) in reply to AllU2

@Almond87 I think that is an apt reaction :P

via U2gigs (Matkin) in reply to Almond87

If what we’ve got so far is accurate (and with all the confusion it may not be) the set thus far is Oddity into EBTTRT-IWF-Boots-Magnificent

Looks like 4 is Magnificent

via U2gigs (Matkin)

@trainmaniac I’m hoping so; I believe that Matt is there. No connection for him unfortunately

via U2gigs (Matkin) in reply to trainmaniac

1. EBTTRT 2. IWF 3. GoYB

via U2gigs (Matkin)

@trainmaniac Where are you getting the setlist info from?

via U2gigs (Matkin)

Via @trainmaniac and @RollingStoneAr: Space oddity is back, followed by Even Better Than the Real Thing and I Will Follow

via U2gigs (Matkin)

If EBTTRT is being played, it will be the first time in almost a decade. Last performance was 9 June 01 in Boston

Even Better Than the Real Thing; may be first or third, not sure yet #U2360ARG

via U2gigs (Matkin)

Okay, so I’m seeing various reports so far. I think we can discount Acrobat, and it’s doubtful that Space Oddity would follow BD-IWF

@AllU2 Matt is there but he has no cell phone connection

via U2gigs (Matkin) in reply to AllU2

It seems that Space Oddity is back as the intro

via U2gigs (Matkin)

We’ll keep looking for a live stream; fingers crossed that we will find one!

(Unconfirmed but likely): RT @adrian_vel beautiful day!!! #u2360arg

via U2gigs (Matkin)

For those asking, no streams have cropped up yet. This one may connect at showtime: http://www.livestream.co… #U2360ARG #U2360SAM

via U2gigs (Matkin)

Last question from me before the show: What time is it in the world? Let’s see where everybody is tuning in from tonight! #U2360ARG

via U2gigs (Matkin)

Oops, I think I just retweeted myself! Lots of love for Gloria, October, and (surprisingly) Rejoice, and Brick!

via U2gigs (Matkin)

shkee23 @u2gigs For whatever reason, the simplicity of Scarlet gets me every time.

via web (retweeted on 1:51 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

Muse is just over. We get more classic music over the PA. No idea why that is

via txt

Annicca @u2gigs October is actually one of my favourite albums and I wouldn’t want to be without it. I love Gloria, Tomorrow and October.

via Power Twitter (retweeted on 1:49 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

M_Feld @u2gigs Gloria! Would be awesome to see Adam playing it =)

via web (retweeted on 1:48 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

i_Zepeda @u2gigs Tomorrow. It´s so dramatic and emotional. One of my top 10 of all time.

via Seesmic Desktop (retweeted on 1:48 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

Madd4U2 @u2gigs I Fall Down :) ugh but Gloria is a very close second.

via web (retweeted on 1:47 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

partygirlu2 @u2gigs Gloria =)

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 1:47 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

EdgeFest @u2gigs October. Edge piano. Done.

via Twitter for Mac (retweeted on 1:47 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

ie. What is your favourite song from the forgotten U2 album, October?

via U2gigs (Matkin)

Okay, next question: Gloria, I Fall Down, Brick, Rejoice, Fire, Tomorrow, October, Shout, Stranger, Scarlet, or I Fall Down?

via U2gigs (Matkin)

I mean, I could watch Survivor or put on the Blue Man Group, but what would be the point in that?

via U2gigs (Matkin)

I can’t think of a better way to spend this Wednesday night than sharing the concert with you all.

via U2gigs (Matkin)

RT @trainmaniac uprising, supermassive, starlight, plug in baby… pelo menos estas para já, na setlist de hoje #muse

via U2gigs (Matkin)

And yes, to those who’ve asked, the top of the Claw is missing tonight. Looks they couldn’t fit it under all the wires and such

via U2gigs (Matkin)

We may have a live stream here when U2 takes the stage: http://www.livestream.co… Worth keeping an eye on.

via U2gigs (Matkin)

Interesting choices so far; The Cure, The Script, BB King, Bruce Springsteen, Muse, and REM among others. I’ll throw Bryan Adams out there.

via U2gigs (Matkin)

JasonThomas9 @EdgeFest @u2gigs Zootv cola, makes you ready for the laughing gas…

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:14 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

So it seems that the average U2 fan prefers Coke to Pepsi. Next question: Who would you love to see U2 do a duet with live?

via U2gigs (Matkin)

Hey, we’re on a spaceship, right? RT @weathernetwork NASA’S Messenger spacecraft grabs images of Mercury from orbit. http://bit.ly/eeCY7b

via U2gigs (Matkin)

@RICHYMUSERNO1 Wish I could tell you, but I don’t have a stream of it. Matt will probably have the set afterwards

via U2gigs (Matkin) in reply to RICHYMUSERNO1

V511 @u2gigs With a Shout, Rejoice! I am at One with Coca-Cola. It Is Magnificent and moves in Mysterious Ways. It is a Miracle Drug.

via Twitter for iPhone (retweeted on 1:07 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

I’ve been retweeting political comments and news stories on my personal account 5 days straight; so excited to vote on 2 May!

via U2gigs (Matkin)

So, not long until show time now. What kind of excitement is going on in your lives right now? Here in Canada we’re in an election

via U2gigs (Matkin)

feru2arg @u2_news @u2gigs MUSE guys are right now getting into the stage in golf cars! #U2360ARG

via UberSocial (retweeted on 1:02 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

@i_Zepeda Yes; Matt posted a picture of it earlier.

via U2gigs (Matkin) in reply to i_Zepeda

RT @hjwallace 1 Getting prepped by watching the Vid for EBTTRT: http://youtu.be/Yrch66gd… I haven’t watched in SO long. Still makes me diz

M_Feld @u2gigs Coke > Pepsi but Pepsi Lime > Coke :D

via web (retweeted on 12:59 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

trojanchick99 @u2gigs They don’t trust us Americans with glass. But fountain trumps all.

via web (retweeted on 12:58 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

But U2 seemed to feel that it would have been one irony too much for the song, so they declined the offer.

via U2gigs (Matkin)

Funny story about U2 and Richard Branson; he wanted to use Even Better Than the Real Thing in an ad for Virgin Cola to promote it over Coke.

via U2gigs (Matkin)

spenceeastwood @u2gigs Coke for sure!! It’s Even Better Than The Real Thing! ;)

via web (retweeted on 12:56 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

duuuaaaane @u2gigs what about Pepsi Max? Remember Vanilla Coke?

via Twitter for Mac (retweeted on 12:56 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

Bauhaus45 @u2gigs I’ll with Pepsi

via Twitter for Mac (retweeted on 12:55 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

Coke is winning by a landslide so far; I’m more of a Pepsi fan (especially Pepsi Lime, Mmmm-mmmm!), but can we agree that glass beats cans?

via U2gigs (Matkin)

@U2Baja Depends on the container for me; both taste so much better in glass than they do in plastic or in cans

via U2gigs (Matkin) in reply to U2Baja

Count so far is 5 Coke to 2 Pepsi, and one split on location. Will keep you updated on the votes ;)

@EdgeFest Hey, no answering questions before I get to ask them! :P

via U2gigs (Matkin) in reply to EdgeFest

So, now to ask what is quite possibly the most controversial question ever posed to U2 fans: Coke or Pepsi?

via U2gigs (Matkin)

EdgeFest @u2gigs watch for something here: u2valencia.com/MOS/index.php?…

via Twitter for Mac (retweeted on 12:36 AM, Mar 31st, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

Here’s hoping we get a stream tonight. If you find one, please pass it on!

via U2gigs (Matkin)

I'll do my best to bring some material after the show. Matt

via txt

As Bolero plays over the PA I turn off my phone. No data network. Hope others cover the set /Matt

via txt

Beethoven over PA. Only classic music since we are in.

via txt

Beethovens 5th over PA. Only classic music so far #U2360ARG

via Tweet Lightning for iPhone

Where is that top of the stage … #U2360ARG http://u2.gs/je

via Twitter for iPhone

People are going forward in smaller groups close to the entrance. Looks good organised to me #U2360ARG http://u2.gs/jc

via Twitter for iPhone

Queue with stadium in background #U2360ARG http://u2.gs/jb

via Twitter for iPhone

So this was EBTTRT with Space Oddity before it. New opener? I’ll take it! #U2360ARG

via Twitter for iPhone

So how is everyone doing today? Matkin here, ready for the concert. We may have some surprises tonight; you won’t want to miss it! #U2360ARG

via U2gigs (Matkin)

atu2 Make that 8 times. :-) RT @liz_lemon_: Even better for the 8th time, sound like we’re on 1992! #U2SoundCheck

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 7:38 PM, Mar 30th, 2011  via U2gigs (Matkin))

A bit late but here is our video taken at the GA queue in La Plata yesterday: http://u2.gs/j7 #U2360ARG

via U2gigs (Matt)

Only a few hours left before the concert starts. Who here is excited? I know that I am!

via U2gigs (Matkin)

@erickleandroNEW We’ve been not at the stadium today. We are going soon. I hope for some smaller changes for the 2nd and 3rd show.

via Twitterrific for Mac in reply to erick__leandro