U2's Paris #4 setlist, 07/12
Today, U2 performed their fourth concert in Paris - and the last show of the Innocence + Experience Tour, at least for 2015. This show is being broadcast by HBO. We await the announcement of any further dates.
Like yesterday, this show was postponed after the terror attacks in Paris on 13 November 2015, about which Bono spoke extensively during the set. When the tour itinerary was originally announced, this was the last show of tour, scheduled for 15 November. It lost this status when the Belfast and Dublin shows were added, and regained it with the postponement.
The main set was slightly shorter than usual, like at the first Paris show. The rotational early song usually played in the second slot was cut, and the E stage rotation featured just one song rather than two. Indeed, this was not really a rotation at all, for it featured Elevation - Paris is the only city of the entire tour at which Elevation has been played every show. The same thing can be said about One, which was played in the encore; it has appeared at all four Paris shows, but missed at least one show in every other city.
The encore will be remembered for a long time. It included fan favourite Bad, performed for the fifth show in a row - a streak last achieved when it was played at the six final shows of the Elevation Tour's third leg in November/December 2001. One was preceded by a speech about the Paris attacks and other recent violence such as the tragedy in San Bernardino. Then Bono introduced Eagles Of Death Metal, at whose concert 89 people were killed in one of the Paris attacks. Bono remarked that "they were robbed of their stage three weeks ago, so we would like to offer them ours".
U2 and Eagles Of Death Metal performed a cover of Patti Smith's People Have The Power together. This is the last song U2 performed. They then left stage, handing over the concert to EODM, who performed their song I Love You All The Time. Since we have a longstanding policy of only including songs if at least one member of U2 is involved in the performance, this final number does not appear in the setlist below. The only other time a song has been performed at a regular tour U2 concert without featuring any members of U2 in any capacity was on 10 October 1992 in Tampa, when an audience member was brought on stage to perform their own original composition.
The setlist was:
- The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
- I Will Follow / Mother (snippet)
- Iris (Hold Me Close)
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For Someone
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
- Until The End Of The World / Love And Peace Or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet) / The Divine Image (snippet) (Intermission - The Fly)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing / Break On Through (snippet)
- Fashion (snippet) / Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet)
- Every Breaking Wave
- Zooropa (snippet) / Bullet The Blue Sky / Ode To Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
- Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- Pride (In The Name Of Love)
- With Or Without You
- City Of Blinding Lights / Ne Me Quitte Pas (snippet)
- Beautiful Day / I Remember You (snippet)
- Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / Bad / Into The Mystic (snippet)
- One / Invisible (snippet)
- People Have The Power
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.