U2's Adelaide setlist, 19/11/19
Today, U2 performed in Adelaide for the first time since 16 November 2006. U2 have not been regular visitors to the city of churches: not only is this show almost 13 years to the day since their last visit, but that show was 13 years to the day precisely since the one before that, on 16 November 1993.
I Will Follow remained in the setlist after its tour debut in Melbourne. Bad, however, was dropped from the set today. Out of the 55 shows played to date across the Joshua Tree Tours of 2017 and 2019, this show is just the seventh to not feature Bad. The only tour on which U2 have performed Bad in Adelaide remains Lovetown, when it appeared at both gigs on 27 and 28 Ocrtober 1989. Instead of using Bad to thank Australia's firefighters for their recent heroic efforts, Bono gave them a shout-out in Pride.
Running to Stand Still was slightly extended today, ending with a few hallelujahs not unlike the ZooTV version. The outro of Beautiful Day again featured a shout-out to Beehrouz Boochani. In I Still Haven't Found, Bono followed his usual call of "take us to church!" with a mention of Adelaide's nickname of "the city of churches" (it is worth noting here that the nickname first emerged in reference to the diversity of faiths practiced in Adelaide, not the number of sacred buildings).
Before Trip Through Your Wires, Bono did his lengthiest chat with the band yet, reprising the theme of Irish inventions that he first raised in Brisbane. All band members featured in this conversation, with Larry talking at length about flavoured potato chips.
The full setlist was:
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- I Will Follow
- New Year's Day
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With or Without You
- Bullet the Blue Sky / The Star-Spangled Banner (snippet)
- Running To Stand Still / Hallelujah (snippet)
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared
- Angel of Harlem / Sunday Bloody Sunday (snippet)
- Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car (snippet) / Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing
- Every Breaking Wave
- Beautiful Day
- Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
- Love Is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.