U2 Various Dates
Various Dates: 2000-2009
: Palais des Festivals et des Congrès - Cannes, France
- Vertigo / Ca Plane Pour Moi (snippet)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / All You Need Is Love (snippet)
Comments: U2 perform just before 1am on the steps of the Grand Théâtre Lumière at the Palais des Festival before the premiere of the U2 3D movie at the Cannes Film Festival. Prior to U2's short set, The Arcade Fire's Wake Up is played like on the Vertigo Tour. Bono makes a brief speech in French over the intro of Where The Streets Have No Name, in addition to doing Vertigo's count-in in French. This is one of only three times Streets has ever been performed at a non-tour concert event; the other two times were at its video shoot on a liquor store rooftop in Los Angeles in 1987, and at the Super Bowl in 2002.
Show playtime: 11 minutes
Concert reviews: / Submit your review
no reviews available
Send any additional setlist or soundcheck information
Send your pictures from this show
· 3D U2 rocks Cannes film festival from News.com.au
· U2 rocks Cannes red carpet from smh.com.au
· Bono and band play at Cannes for U2 U3 launch from Reuters
Songs from 2 U2 albums have been played during this show. Snippets are not counted.
- How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (1 song)