U2's Houston setlist, 24/05
The Joshua Tree Tour has now left the North American west coast and is working its way across that vast continent. Today's show in Houston was the first of two in Texas.
U2 stuck with the same setlist they played at the previous show on 21 May in Los Angeles. This means that A Sort of Homecoming is still missing in action, but that Bad remained in the setlist and that the encore is now split in two: a first encore of two songs, and a second one of five.
Bono gave a speech before One Tree Hill about the terrorist attack on Ariana Grande's concert in Manchester, expressing the band's solidarity with the victims and the city as a whole. He dedicated the song to those who died, using one of its lyrics: "we will see you again when the stars fall from the sky".
The setlist comprised 21 songs total. This is the first time U2 have played two shows in a row featuring fewer than 22 songs since November 2005.
The full setlist was:
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- New Year's Day
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With or Without You
- Bullet the Blue Sky
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared
- Miss Sarajevo / The New Colossus (snippet)
- Bad / America (snippet)
- Beautiful Day
- Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
- One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
- The Little Things That Give You Away
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.