U2's Stockholm "#3" setlist, 22/09
Tonight is the fourth and final concert of U2's run in Stockholm, Sweden. This concert is the third scheduled and fourth performed in the city; it was originally scheduled for Sunday, 20 September, but was postponed to today because of a serious security breach that could not be resolved in time for the show to commence on its original date. Many fans were unable to attend the new date and as a result the Globen Arena was much emptier than the previous three concerts, with the entire upper level closed off.
After I Will Follow, Bono apologised to all the fans who had travelled to Stockholm, saying that they had not realised how many fans had come from out of town. He also thanked the crowd for being "so cool" in the situation, calling them a lesson in grace and a very patient boss.
This is the first individual leg of a tour to have more than three shows in Sweden. It makes the Innocence + Experience Tour only the second tour full stop to have four Swedish shows. ZooTV can also claim that total: after three shows on the European leg in 1992, the stadium leg in 1993 featured a fourth Swedish show at which Stay made its live debut.
Tonight's setlist featured the return of The Electric Co. after a two-show absence. Desire and Angel Of Harlem rotated back in after each missed a single show; the latter featured a fan from the crowd on guitar (which he was allowed to keep). At the end of the night, Bad and 40 returned after missing three shows apiece, making their second appearances of the European leg. In the case of 40, this was its 400th known full live performance (there have likely been some more, but a few sets from 1983–85 remain unknown). The last time 40 was performed in full in Sweden was over 28 years ago on 6 June 1987 in Gothenburg; its only previous performance in Stockholm came on 25 January 1985.
As soon as the show finished, the band's crew swung into action to dismantle the stage quickly. Thanks to the postponement, they now have a very tight turnaround to get everything to Berlin with just one day between shows.
Tonight's full setlist was:
- The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
- The Electric Co. / Send in the Clowns (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
- Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
- I Will Follow / (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding (snippet)
- Iris (Hold Me Close)
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For Someone
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
- Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet) (Intermission - The Fly)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing Fish Out of Water Mix
- Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet)
- Desire / Love Me Do (snippet)
- Angel of Harlem / Into The Mystic (snippet)
- Every Breaking Wave
- Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode To Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- With or Without You
- City of Blinding Lights
- Beautiful Day
- Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / Bad / 40 (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.