U2's London #5 setlist, 02/11
Tonight was the fifth of six concerts in London. The last time U2 performed five times in the city was back on the ZooTV Tour; though on that occasion it was split across two legs with the first show on the second leg and the other four on the Zooropa leg. The last time they performed five times in London on the same leg was way back on the first leg of the Boy Tour in autumn 1980. This is the first time they have performed five consecutive concerts in the city (though not the city plus its suburbs, which the band toured extensively in 1979–80).
The band reportedly soundchecked Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad earlier today. It has been performed twice before by the band, but never at a full tour concert. It did not, however, appear in tonight's setlist.
The most notable change in the set was Volcano, which appeared for just the fourth time on the European leg. It had missed nine shows, having last been performed on 9 October 2015 in Barcelona. Volcano was preceded by Elevation, back after missing one show. Earlier in the set, Out Of Control returned after a two-show absence.
Jimmy Page was in the audience, and One was dedicated to him. This means that One was played at consecutive shows, a rare occurrence on the current tour. Beautiful Day was dedicated to Matthew Freud, whose birthday is today.
The full setlist was:
- The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
- Out of Control
- Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo / God Save The Queen (Sex Pistols) (snippet)
- I Will Follow / London Calling (snippet)
- Iris (Hold Me Close) / Hold Me Close (snippet)
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For Someone
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
- Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet) (Intermission - The Fly)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing Fish Out of Water Mix
- Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet)
- Get on Your Boots (snippet) / Every Breaking Wave
- Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode To Joy (snippet) / Black Dog (snippet)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- With or Without You
- City of Blinding Lights
- Beautiful Day
- Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / One / Invisible (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.