U2's Newark setlist, 29/06/18
Tonight U2 are taking a break from New York City by crossing the state border into nearby Newark; they head back to NYC on 1 July. This is the group's first concert in Newark. The last time they played in New Jersey but NOT in East Rutherford was all the way back on 12 May 1983 in Passaic. Tonight thus breaks a streak of 26 shows played in the same location.
Fans heard two songs so far unplayed this tour during soundcheck today: Summer of Love, Every Breaking Wave, and then Summer of Love a second time. Neither appeared in tonight's performance.
All Because of You returned to the set after missing one concert. Before Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bono spoke of the bombing of Dublin in 1974 which inspired Raised By Wolves, and how he would have been caught up in it if he had not decided to cycle to school that day. One was dedicated to the victims of the recent shooting at the Capital Gazette newspaper.
- Love Is All We Have Left
- The Blackout
- Lights Of Home
- I Will Follow
- All Because Of You
- Beautiful Day
- The Ocean
- Iris (Hold Me Close)
- Cedarwood Road
- Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
- Lord Of The Flies (snippet) / Until the End of the World / Introduction (snippet) (Intermission - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me)
- Vertigo / Rebel Rebel (snippet)
- Desire Hollywood Mix
- Sympathy For The Devil (snippet) / Acrobat
- You're The Best Thing About Me Full band acoustic
- Staring at the Sun Bono and Edge acoustic
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Get Out Of Your Own Way
- American Soul
- City of Blinding Lights
- Women of the World (snippet) / One / Invisible (snippet)
- Love Is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way
- 13 (There Is A Light)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.