U2's Perth setlist, 27/11/19
U2 performed in Perth on Wednesday. It was the last Australian show of the current tour, which is the first U2 tour since 1989 to visit both Perth and Adelaide. Two intervening tours only went to Adelaide (1993 and 2006), and two only went to Perth (1998 and 2010).
All five U2 shows in Perth in the 1980s were at the Entertainment Centre, while all three subsequent visits have been in different venues. This was U2's first time playing the rather new Optus Stadium. In terms of stadium venues as opposed to arenas, Perth is the only Australian city where U2 have never performed at the same stadium on different tours. (You might think this is also true elsewhere, but it is not. Take the list of shows in Melbourne, for example; the three most recent tours have all visited Docklands Stadium, but under different sponsor names.)
The setlist featured three changes from U2's most recent show in Sydney. Angel of Harlem and Every Breaking Wave both returned to the set after missing one show. Love Is Bigger returned after missing two, which means that Sydney remains the only city on the current tour to miss out on that song so far.
Bad featured a lengthy snippet of the David Bowie song Heroes. This will be familiar to those of you who pay attention to snippets, as Bono inserted it into Bad at many European and Latin American shows in 2017.
Also speaking of snippets, there was a brief reference to the Zooropa song Daddy's Gonna Pay at the start of Vertigo, a repeat of something Bono did in Adelaide. The song seems to have been on his mind a bit recently, as it also made short appearances in Vertigo four times late last year.
The full setlist was:
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- I Will Follow
- New Year's Day
- Bad / Heroes (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With or Without You
- Bullet the Blue Sky / The Star-Spangled Banner (snippet) / America (snippet)
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared
- Angel of Harlem
- Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car (snippet) / Vertigo / Rebel Rebel (snippet) / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing
- Every Breaking Wave
- Beautiful Day
- Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
- Love Is Bigger Than Anything in Its Way
- One / Invisible (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.