U2's London #4 setlist, 30/10
Tonight U2 were in London for their fourth of six concerts in the city. This is the first time U2 have played four shows in London - or any English city - on a single tour since August 2001 on Elevation's second leg.
The big surprise of tonight's setlist was the return of All I Want Is You, making its European leg debut. This is just its sixth performance on the current tour; it was last played on 23 July 2015 in New York.
Elsewhere in the set, three songs returned after short absences. Early in proceedings, The Electric Co. returned after missing two shows; during the E stage rotations, Desire came back after missing one show; at the end of the night One returned after missing two shows.
Today, October set an interesting record. U2 have performed plenty of full tour concerts in the month of October over the years, but the last time October appeared at every full tour concert scheduled during its namesake month was way back on the first European leg of the Unforgettable Fire Tour in October 1984, when it was played at all ten shows. This year it has appeared at all twelve shows in October. It very nearly appeared at all shows in October 1987, but missed one out of fifteen: 29 October 1987, Rosemont. There are no other confirmed cases of October being played at every show scheduled in October; it was probably played at all shows in October 1981 on the first leg of the October Tour, but we cannot confirm this because of a number of missing or incomplete sets.
Another interesting record set today is for the most snippets. Bono smashed his previous record of 18 snippets, set recently in San Jose on 19 May 2015. Today's show featured 22. View our miscellaneous statistics page for more shows with a lot of snippets and for other interesting tidbits. One of the snippets tonight was not actually of another song, but a fan favourite verse: With Or Without You's extra live verse Shine Like Stars, which Bono has sung very infrequently this tour, the last instance being on 13 September 2015 in Amsterdam.
The full setlist was:
- The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
- The Electric Co. / Send in the Clowns (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet) / Live Forever (snippet)
- Rock 'n' Roll High School (snippet) / Vertigo
- I Will Follow
- Iris (Hold Me Close) / Hold Me Close (snippet)
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For Someone
- Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
- Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
- Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet) (Intermission - The Fly)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing Fish Out of Water Mix
- Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet)
- Desire / Not Fade Away (snippet) / Clair (snippet)
- All I Want Is You / Into The Mystic (snippet)
- Every Breaking Wave
- Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode To Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- With or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
- City of Blinding Lights
- Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet)
- Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / One / Invisible (snippet) / Hold Me Close (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.