U2's Dublin #3 setlist, 27/11
Tonight U2 performed the third of four hometown shows at the 3Arena in Dublin. Bono's brother Norman was in attendance, as was Ali. Other notable guests included Matt Damon and Colin Farrell.
I Will Follow's appearance in the set is notable as the 900th known performance of the song; though due to many unknown/incomplete setlists from the early days, the actual count is likely in excess of 1000. On a humourous note, as pointed out by Vladimir Zrinjski on Twitter, it means Bono has sung the line "walk away, walk away" in excess of 21,000 times in concert! Shine Like Stars was a late addition to With or Without You, Bono belting it out right before the song came to a close with the modified lyric "We'll shine like stars in the Irish night". This is the tenth time of the tour it has been snippeted, which ties it with the Elevation Tour for most appearances since the end of the ZooTV tour when it was still a regular addition.
Gloria returned to the set after an absence of six shows while Elevation returned after missing just one. One of two big surprises was New Year's Day, performed for just the third time this tour after an absence of 11 shows. It has only been performed at third concerts so far this tour. A special guest of the night was Andrew Rowen, a childhood friend of Bono's who was caught up in the bombings that inspired Raised By Wolves and was also the inspiration for Bad, which was the second big surprise of the night. Bono dedicated the song to him, citing him as an inspiration and telling the crowd that after losing his way he had very much found it again. He also relayed an anecdote of how Andrew Rowen still keeps a part of the exploded car with him; "because it took a little piece of me, I took a piece of it." One closed out an emotional concert, back after missing one show.
The set was as follows:
- The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
- Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
- I Will Follow / Mother (snippet)
- Iris (Hold Me Close) / Hold Me Close (snippet)
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For Someone
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
- Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet) / The Divine Image (snippet) (Intermission - The Fly)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing Fish Out of Water Mix / Break On Through (snippet)
- Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet)
- New Year's Day
- Every Breaking Wave
- Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode To Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- With or Without You / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
- City of Blinding Lights / Ne Me Quitte Pas (snippet)
- Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Blackbird (snippet)
- Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / Bad / Into The Mystic (snippet)
- One / Invisible (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.