U2's Cleveland setlist, 01/07/17
It was the final night of The Joshua Tree Tour 2017's first leg, and U2 closed it off with a performance in Cleveland. They have not performed in the city frequently; this was just their third performance in Cleveland since the original Joshua Tree Tour. Their last performance in the city (or the state of Ohio, for that matter) was on 10 December 2005.
Bono and Edge flew in from their performance in Ottawa earlier in the day, and the band reached the stadium with time to spare. There was one amusing mishap when Bono accidentally thanked The Lumineers for opening before correcting himself and thanking OneRepublic. The setlist was identical to the previous one in East Rutherford, with the exception of snippets and a rendition of Happy Birthday for Bex of the touring crew. Though speaking of snippets, a remarkable record was attained tonight. With the singing of a few lines of The Pretenders' Mystery Achievement, Beautiful Day reached a milestone of 100 different songs snippeted inside of it. Bad, the song renowned amongst U2 fans for the amount of snippets it has contained, now sits in a very distant second with 71.
The tour now moves on to the second leg, which opens in just seven days in London. It is almost unheard of for the gap between tour legs to be this short. The last time there was a break this short was all the way back in 1983, when the second leg of the War Tour ended on 29 June and the third leg (an admittedly short run of just 5 concerts) began just three days later on 2 July.
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- New Year's Day
- Bad / America (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- With or Without You
- Bullet the Blue Sky / Black Dog (snippet) / America (snippet)
- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- In God's Country
- Trip Through Your Wires
- California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet) / One Tree Hill
- Exit / Wise Blood (snippet) / Eeny Meeny Miny Moe (snippet)
- Mothers Of The Disappeared
- Miss Sarajevo
- Beautiful Day / Mystery (snippet)
- Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
- Miss You (snippet) / Mysterious Ways Happy Birthday
- Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
- One / Hear Us Coming (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.