U2's London #6 setlist, 03/11
Today U2 performed their sixth and final show in London. It is just the second city this tour to crack the six-show mark, following New York's run of eight in July.
The last time U2 played six shows in London on a single tour was War, but that was across two legs: two shows on the pre-tour of December 1982 followed by four on the first leg in March 1983. For six or more shows on a single leg, you have to go back to U2's various English tours of 1979-80, when they played heavily throughout London and its suburbs.
The big surprise of the night was Party Girl showing up on the E stage. It had only been played twice previously this tour, once in New York and a couple of weeks ago in Cologne. It has now registered 190 known performances - ten more and it will be the first b-side to crack the 200 mark. Odds are it has already been played at least 200 times but a number of War and Unforgettable Fire Tour setlists remain unknown.
There were a few other setlist variations for the night. Gloria came into the set early, having missed two shows. Desire was the other E stage rotational number, returning after a single-show absence. The night was closed by Bad, back after missing two shows, and 40, back after missing five shows.
Chris Martin of Coldplay was in the audience tonight. Bono acknowledged him with a snippet of Yellow before the solo in With Or Without You.
The full setlist was:
- The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
- Gloria / Van Morrison's Gloria (snippet)
- Do You Remember Rock 'n' Roll Radio? (snippet) / Vertigo
- I Will Follow
- Iris (Hold Me Close) / Hold Me Close (snippet)
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For Someone
- Sunday Bloody Sunday / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
- Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
- Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet) / A Clockwork Orange (snippet) (Intermission - The Fly)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing Fish Out of Water Mix
- Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet) / Young Americans (snippet)
- Desire / 1969 (snippet) / Love Me Do (snippet)
- Party Girl
- Every Breaking Wave
- Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode To Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- With or Without You / Yellow (snippet)
- City of Blinding Lights
- Beautiful Day / Live Forever (snippet)
- Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / Bad / 40 (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.