U2's Dublin #4 setlist, 28/11
Tonight U2 performed their final hometown show at the 3Arena in Dublin. Tonight's concert was originally scheduled to be the final one of the second leg (and as of this writing, the whole tour), but the postponement of the final two Paris shows after the terrorist attacks led to them being rescheduled for December. U2 traditionally end off their Irish run of shows strongly, and the excitement tonight was palpable. Ali, Jordan, and Eve were known to be in attendance tonight, as were Noel Gallagher, Guy Oseary, and Gavin Friday.
The Electric Co. returned to the set after missing two shows. Vertigo featured an extended outro in the style of the Vertigo Tour. The e-stage portion featured a few surprises. First the "Queen of Ireland", Panti Bliss, joined U2 on stage during Mysterious Ways. Following the song, Bono credited her with trailblazing marriage equality in Ireland and quipped that she puts the "gay into Gaelic." She then performed the Meerkat portion of the show as Imelda May joined the group on stage for Desire, returning after a single absence. Imelda sang the majority of the lyrics with Bono providing backup vocals with The Edge. Desire was followed by Angel of Harlem, also back after missing one show. The song was dedicated to Christy Dignam of Aslan.
At the end of With or Without You Bono shouted "No more dreaming it all up again!", a reference to his famous speech on 30 December 1989 at the old Point Depot. Shine Like Stars was snippeted for the eleventh time of the tour, surpassing the Elevation Tour for most appearances of the coda since the end of the ZooTV tour, when it was still a regular feature. Before Bad, Bono thanked Jake Berry for adapting the stage so they could perform in Dublin. Bad's appearance was the first time this tour it has been performed three times in the same city, and the first time it has appeared at three concerts in a row. 40 was the final song of the evening, back after missing one night. It was dedicated to the late Dennis Sheehan and his family, and Bono spoke of how he got the crowd to sing the famous "How long to sing this song" refrain during the filming of the Red Rocks video. There were 22 snippets in total tonight, tying the record jointly set earlier this tour in London and Belfast.
The setlist was as follows:
- The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
- God Save The Queen (Sex Pistols) (snippet) / The Electric Co. / Send in the Clowns (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet) / Live Forever (snippet)
- Vertigo / It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It) (snippet)
- I Will Follow / Mother (snippet)
- Iris (Hold Me Close) / Hold Me Close (snippet)
- Cedarwood Road
- Song For Someone
- Sunday Bloody Sunday
- Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
- Until the End of the World / Love and Peace or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet) / The Divine Image (snippet) (Intermission - The Fly)
- Even Better Than The Real Thing Fish Out of Water Mix / Break On Through (snippet)
- Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet)
- Angel of Harlem
- Every Breaking Wave
- Zooropa (snippet) / Bullet the Blue Sky / Ode To Joy (snippet) / 19 (snippet)
- Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
- Pride (In the Name of Love)
- With or Without You / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet) / Shine Like Stars (snippet)
- City of Blinding Lights / Ne Me Quitte Pas (snippet)
- Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / I Remember You (snippet)
- Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / Bad / 40 (snippet)
If you attended the show we ask you to share your concert review or photos with other site visitors. You can post your review of the show here and upload your pictures here.